What to add to RODI water to make it good for Oscars?

• JimScan
  • JimScan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

JimScan created the topic: What to add to RODI water to make it good for Oscars?

I have two 2 year old Oscars in a 20g and am getting a 125g for them this weekend. I do not trust my tap water even if I use a conditioner. What can I add to RODI water to make it as best as possible for Oscars? Would discus buffer be good?

Thanks!

Jim Scannell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 417

OFL replied the topic: What to add to RODI water to make it good for Oscars?

To be honest with you, I have never used reverse osmosis type water before. It's normally people you keep saltwater reef aquariums that use this type of water. Why are you reluctant to use your tap water? There are plenty of water conditioners around that should make it perfectly safe for your fish. If you are going to go down the roots of the reverse osmosis then obviously a bit more complicated and it's not something that I've ever done myself. I would have thought though that if you are using this type of water then there's no need to add anything else to it.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• JimScan
  • JimScan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

JimScan replied the topic: What to add to RODI water to make it good for Oscars?

RODI has mo minerals. My city adds phosporic acid to the water to hold more chlorine.

• Thank you received: 257

DRACO replied the topic: What to add to RODI water to make it good for Oscars?

one of my friend had used RODI water without any problem except for the cost ...

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds